Monday, February 17, 2014

F This Movie Fest: The Aftermath

Twitter amazes me sometimes. Last night, just reading my regular feed, I saw a handful of film critics that I follow get into an argument. They began by sniping directly at each other, then arguing about what they each subtweeted about the others. It was ugly and I had no business reading it, yet there it was for all their thousands of followers to see. The complete lack of ugliness like that, public or otherwise, is a big part of why I find the F This Movie! community to be so tremendously appealing. At F This Movie! you never see that kind of thing. Earlier today, future Canadian Prime Minister Sol Ott said in a comment on one of today's postings, "even when we 'fight' it's the most civil thing ever" and he's absolutely right. That's exactly what I love about F This Movie! and the community they've built.

I was having a fairly lousy morning for lots of reasons, and then a few F-Heads got me entangled in a discussion about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull of all things, and it completely turned my day around. The vibe of F This Movie Fest (I'm lucky to be Jewish, because F This Movie Fest is totally my Christmas) was alive and well in that conversation, and I'm grateful for how incredibly friendly and approachable all of my fellow F-Heads are.

For the one person reading this who is unfamiliar with F This Movie Fest (hi mom!), it's a Twitter-based film festival where people from around the globe gather online to watch 5 movies together, and to say it's fun is to undersell it an unbelievable amount. It really feels like we're all together, a genuine shared experience, and the vibe is so intensely positive that the buzz stays with you for hours afterward.

This is all just a long-winded way of saying thank you. Thank you to Patrick Bromley, the man behind F This Movie! and thank you to every single person who tweeted, those who are involved behind the F-scenes and those who aren't. I tried to follow everyone who tweeted, but if I missed you let me know and I'll follow. It's a pleasure to be part of such a fun, passionate, positive group of people, and I'm proud to be part of it. Thank you, everybody.

#FHead4Life

1 comment:

AJ Muller said...

Awesome, man. Just...awesome. That we were even partially responsible for making your day better is simply amazing.

Considering how happy this kind of thing makes me, thank you too.

It really IS something special, isn't it?